Wealthiest Families in Ontario 2023
Wealthiest People and Families in Ontario, Canada, by total net worth in 2023.
This year Forbes Magazine released its annual list of the wealthiest people and families in Ontario 2023. Besides the Irving family with an estimated net worth of $4.3 billion (who own the biggest winery in Canada), many other local families show up in the list of the wealthiest families in Ontario.
Currently, David Thomson and their family with a total net worth of $48.8 billion, represent the richest family in Canada in 2023.
According to a billionaire census from 2023, Canada hosts 53 billionaires. Ontario and Quebec are the two provinces with the most millionaires in Canada. Montreal is home to over 50,000 millionaires, while Toronto has 118,000. These numbers are significantly higher than in any other province in the country.
With Canada’s population now over 35 million, there are an estimated 3.5 million (yes, you read it well) people in the country who hold an extraordinary amount of wealth. While many of these people are not billionaires, a handful makes up the wealthiest families in Ontario in 2023.
Who is the richest family in Ontario in 2023?
According to Forbes list, The richest family, by far, in the province of Ontario is David Thomson and Family. David Thomson’s and their family’s net worth is estimated to be above $41.8 billion. This means that it’s not only the richest family in Ontario but also the wealthiest family in Canada.
The top 10 wealthiest families in Ontario in 2023
- David Thomson and Family. The estimated net worth in 2023 is $41.8 billion.
- Tobi Lutke Family. Operating one of the world’s largest eCommerce platforms, Tobi Lutke Family is the second richest family in Ontario with a net worth of $9.8 billion.
- Mark Scheinberg. The estimated net worth in 2023 is $5.93 billion.
- Peter Gilgan family. Net worth 2023 $3.7 billion.
- Carlo Fidani. Net Worth 2023: $3.2 billion.
- Barry Zekelman family. Net Worth 2023: $2.78 billion.
- Mitchel Goldhar. Net Worth 2023: $2.7 billion.
- Bruce Flatt. Net Worth 2023: $2.6 billion.
- Hal Jackman. Net Worth 2023: $2.6 billion.
- Mark Leonard. Net Worth 2023: $2.6 billion.
The top 10 richest families in Ontario in 2023 are the ones who will have the most money. They are also the most prosperous people in Canada. However, there are more of the richest families in Ontario like the Petrachek family which is one of the wealthiest families in Canada and is worth billions of dollars.