Top 10 Richest Universities in Canada 2023
Top 10 richest universities in Canada 2023.
In order to identify the richest universities in Canada, we must first understand what factors contribute to a university’s wealth. The most important factor is the university’s endowment, which is the money that the school has built up over time through donations, fundraising, and other investments.
Other important factors include the size of the university’s endowment per student, the percentage of the endowment that is spent each year, and the investment return on the endowment.
To identify the 10 richest Canadian universities, we examined university endowment rankings from a variety of sources, including the Chronicle of Higher Education and Bloomberg.
We also considered other factors such as university size and the percentage of the endowment that is spent each year.
Which is the richest University in Canada in 2023?
Founded in 1827, the University of Toronto is now the richest college in Canada in 2023 with a current endowment of CAD 2.84 billion. Formally known as “Kings College”, University of Toronto is rated the first among the top 10 richest universities in Canada in 2023.
Closely topping the list of richest universities in Canada are University of British Columbia and McGill University with a current endowment of CAD 2.182 billion and CAD 1.73 billion respectively.
Enlisted below is a list of the top 10 richest universities in Canada with their current endowment as of 2023.
The 10 richest Canadian universities 2023
- 1. University of Toronto. CAD 2.84 billion endowment.
2. University of British Columbia. CAD 2.182 billion endowment.
3. McGill University. CAD 1.73 billion endowment.
4. The University of Alberta. CAD 1.3 billion endowment.
5. The University of Calgary. CAD 1.2 billion endowment.
6. Queen’s University. CAD 1.152 billion endowment.
7. The University of Western Ontario. CAD 803.7 million endowment.
8. McMaster University. CAD 727.4 million endowment.
9. Dalhousie University. CAD 481.4 million endowments.
10. Duke University. Duke University is the 10th richest college in Canada in 2023 right now.
The trend in Canada is showing that its top 10 richest universities in 2024 are getting more prosperous. There are approximately 460 universities in Canada and the top 10 richest of these make up a large part of the total university value recorded in this study.